AMS 700 Penile Implant
An inflatable penile implant like the AMS 700 Penile Implant may be the best treatment option for men with erectile dysfunction. A penile implant is a device that is implanted into the penis, usually on an outpatient basis. The implant is entirely concealed within the body so no one is able to see it and is controlled by the user to achieve an erection. This treatment is designed to allow for spontaneity and the erection is maintained for as long as the man desires.
Is the AMS 700 Implant Right for You?
The AMS 700 Penile Implant most closely mimics a natural erection, providing rigidity when inflated and a natural, flaccid appearance when deflated.
- Designed to be a permanent solution for ED
- Spontaneous – you can have sex when the mood strikes
- Once activated, the erection can last as long as you desire
- Entirely contained inside the body – no one knows you have an implant unless you tell them
- Designed to feel natural during intercourse and typically does not interfere with ejaculation or orgasm
- Broad range of lengths available for a custom fit, depending on your anatomy
- Cylinders that expand in length and girth
- Pre-treated with antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection
With a penile implant, the possibility of organic erections or alternative treatment options for ED are eliminated. Possible risks of a penile implant include: mechanical failure of the device, which may require revision surgery; and upon removal or replacement of the implant, the penis may become scarred, shorter or curved. Pain associated with the healing process can be expected. With the procedure, there is a risk of infection (1-2.5% risk with the AMS penile implant10) and men withdiabetes, spinal cord injuries or open sores may have an increased risk of infection.
Talk to Dr. R. Clay Williams for a complete list of risks, warnings and safety information.
Take the Next Steps
There is hope for most men with ED to regain the confidence, control and wholeness to enjoy an active, satisfying sex life.
Visit EDCure.org to:
• Take the online ED quiz and get your customized treatment results
• Find an ED specialist in your area
• Register for free educational seminars to learn more about treatment options
• Hear how real people like you have treated their ED
• Get answers to common questions about ED, penile implants and insurance coverage
Schedule a Consultation
Want to learn more about the Boston Scientific AMS 700? Contact Dr. Williams today at (903) 262-3900 to schedule a consultation.