Erectile Dysfunction Doctor in Tyler, TX
Helping Men in Eastern Texas with ED for Over 10 Years
If you believe you have erectile dysfunction, it is first important to know that you are not alone, as this condition is quite common. It is certainly possible for both physical and mental factors to contribute toward a single patient's erectile dysfunction. Many people with erectile dysfunction discover that a physical issue will lead to stress in a relationship or about sexual performance, which can make their erectile dysfunction even more difficult to deal with.
The potentially endless circle can be broken by speaking with Dr. R. Clay Williams about your erectile dysfunction and what may be causing it to occur.
Urologist R. Clay Williams, D.O. is board-certified by the American Board of Urology and has over 15 years of experience treating patients with ED. If you’re seeking ED treatment in the Tyler, TX area, contact R. Clay Williams, D.O. today to schedule an appointment.
Continue reading to learn more about the potential causes and symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule an Appointment in Tyler, TX
If you are struggling with erectile dysfunction in the Tyler, TX area, contact urologist R. Clay Williams, D.O. today at (903) 262-3900 or request an appointment through our secure online form. We are just a short drive from Longview, Jacksonville, Mineola, Sulphur Springs, Marshall, and Kilgore.